What’s Happening this weekend | September 16-18, 2022
Check out what's happening this weekend in Red Deer and Central Alberta!
1. The Track on 2 has its last race of the season on Sunday, September 18, 2022. The post time is at 1:10 pm. Make sure to get out and enjoy the race and bet on the live horse racing (over 18). Attendance and parking are free, and all ages are welcome. They are family-friendly and have stick horse races, games, and other activities for the kids. Check out their website here for more details.
2. Food Truck Friday at Capstone this Friday, August 26 from 11 am – 2:00 pm. Spend your lunch hour down at Capstone for Food Truck Fridays! Make sure to try delicious food from Roly Guacamole. This is a great location with places to sit to enjoy your food and paths to walk with beautiful views of the Red Deer River.
3. Check out the Ross Street Patio Performances on Friday at 12:00 – 1:30 pm. Enjoy music from Phil Connell, who is a talented local musician.
4. Bo’s Bar and Stage presents “Comedy Night EH!” on Friday, September 16. Three of Canada's best standup comedians Andrew Packer, Neema Nazeri, and Marc-Anthony Sinagoga. For one night only, doors 6:00 pm. Click here for more information and tickets.
5. Red Deer Museum and Art Gallery are hosting MAGnificent Saturdays for the month of September. Saturday, September 17 is Keith Haring Inspired Line Movement from 1:00-4:00 pm. Free for September, all ages and abilities are welcome to participate. Click here for more details.
6. Red Deer Museum and Art Gallery presents MAG sampler Figure Drawing with Saija Maureen on Sunday, September 18 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm. For the first MAGsampler of the Fall season, participants will be guided through some useful drawing techniques including composition, measuring, and sighting, all of which will then be applied while drawing a live model (fully clothed). This drawing class will offer short and sustained drawing poses. The cost is $50 for MAG members, $60 Regular (+GST) All supplies are included with registration. This art sampler is suitable for all skill levels (beginners are welcome). For ages 16+. Click here for more information.
7. Blackfalds Fall Market at the Abbey Centre on Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18. Discover 110+ unique vendors, food trucks, door prizes, photo booth, face painting, balloon twisting and FREE kids carnival games with prizes! Admission is by donation to the Central Alberta Humane Society! Click here for more information.
8. Cheer on the Red Deer Rebels this Saturday, September 17 at 7:00 pm. The doors open at 6:00 pm and the puck drops at 7:00 pm. Click here for tickets and more information.
9. The 11th Annual Chili Cook-off at Gasoline Alley Harley – Davidson is on Saturday, September 17, 2022. Bring a big appetite and your family down for an afternoon of sampling Red Deer's finest chili. Starting at 11:00 am, $5 gets you a sample of each chili with all proceeds going to the Red Deer Hospice Society. Click here for more details.
10. The annual Kidney Walk is happening on Saturday, September 17 at Bower Ponds from 11:00 am – 1:30 pm. Kidney Walk is the largest community family fundraising event for the Kidney Foundation of Northern Alberta & The Territories. Dedicated to raising awareness and fundraising for innovative research, vital programs, and services that support people living with kidney disease.
Mark your calendars for events that are coming soon....
Saturday, October 1, 2022 - Oktoberfest 2022 is at Exhibition Hall, Westerner Park. It is time to FINALLY bust out your lederhosen, beer steins and your dancing shoes! Click here for tickets!
October 14-16, 2022 - Powwow Times International Gathering at Westerner Park. This year's Powwow will focus on the revitalization and preservation of Indigenous languages. Click here for more information.
November 2-6, 2022 - Canadian Finals Rodeo at Westerner Park. Enjoy the very best rodeo contestants competing in 6 action-packed performances for the top prize November 2nd to 6th at the Peavey Mart Centrium. Click here for tickets.
For more ideas and things to do check out the rest of our website.
Experiences to get you inspired
Things to do this weekend | December 16-18, 2022
Check out our list of fun things to do this weekend around Red Deer and Central Alberta!
Christmas Lights Guide 2022
There is so much to see in Red Deer and Central Alberta this holiday season!