What’s Happening this weekend | October 14-16, 2022
Check out what's happening this weekend in Red Deer and Central Alberta!
What’s Happening this weekend | October 14-16, 2022
Check out what's happening this weekend around Red Deer and Central Alberta!
1. The Powwow Times International Gathering is at the Peavey Mart Centrium from Friday, October 14 – Sunday, October 16, 2022. This year's Powwow will focus on the revitalization and preservation of Indigenous languages. To accompany the powwow there will be an Indigenous languages conference and trade show. The Powwow will attract world-champion dancers and singers from across North America. Click here for more information and the full schedule of all the performances.
2. Heritage Ranch is hosting the 2022 Flashlight Pumpkin Hunt on Friday, October 14, 2022. Tractor rides, flashlight hunt, and pumpkins. With a tractor ride, an exciting, family-friendly hunt in the dark, and one pumpkin for everyone, you won't want to miss it. Click here for more details.
3. Canyon Ski Hill is hosting an Oktoberfest event on Friday, October 14, 5:00 – 10:00 pm. Based on the original German Oktoberfest, this Oktoberfest is a celebration of local community and local beer. Come dressed up in your Lederhosen or Drindldress. Enjoy live music from The Jordan Rody Band, local craft beers from Blindman Brewing, and authentic German Cuisine. The lodge will be transformed into the Blindman Bierhaus! Click here for more information.
4. Lockdown Escape Room presents the “Haunted Escape – Return of the Headless Horseman.” From October 13 to 31 at unit 150 -4732 60th Ave Red Deer (Riverside Industrial area). A haunted escape is more ofa haunt with a twist, whereas you and your group need to solve a few simple puzzles (uv light and other) to make your way through (4 doors). The Headless Horseman and his army put these challenges out to slow groups down enough to deter them from going further. For more information about this fun Halloween event click here.
5. Alberta Prairie Railway Excursions is hosting a Harvest Pumpkin Fest on Saturday, October 15, 2022. These trips last approximately two and a half hours travelling to Alberta Prairie’s COUNTRY HIDEAWAY. During this excursion, guests are invited to pick their own pumpkin from the pumpkin patch! For lunch, there will be hot chocolate, cookies, and a burger or hot dog. One of the featured attractions on this excursion is Finnegan Farms Petting Zoo and other fun family-friendly activities! Click here for more information and tickets.
6. Paint of Interest is hosting a fun date night on Friday, October 14, 2022 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm. Who doesn't love a quiet date night with their partner? And there will be food! For this event, you will get to paint pottery and enjoy a Grazing Board provided by Solorzano Spas! Click here for more information and to reserve your spot.
7. Kerry Wood Nature Centre is hosting a Trash to Treasure Swap Meet. On Saturday, October 15, and Sunday, October 16, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day. The Kerry Wood Nature Centre hosts a Trash to Treasure Swap Meet on the same weekends as Red Deer's city-wide Kick it to the Curb Event. On these weekends, please bring in your good condition, yet unwanted small items, and browse for new-to-you treasures. Let’s keep it out of the landfill! Drop in, come and go as you please. This is a free event, click here for more information.
8. The City of Red Deer won the title of Canada’s Most Active Community in the 2022 ParticipACTION Community Better Challenge! To celebrate this accomplishment a party is being thrown at the Collicutt Centre on Saturday, October 15. The event kicks off at noon with a warm welcome from Mayor Johnston followed by free swimming, skating and activities in the field house. Click here for more information.
9. It’s the last weekend to check out the Kraay Family Farm. The final day of the season is Saturday, October 15, 2022.The Kraay Family Farm is located just west of Lacombe, and with over 40attractions and amenities, the family is sure to be kept busy. With a farmyard, corn maze, jumping pillow, mini golf, and more, the fun never stops at Kraay Family Farm.
For more ideas and things to do check out the rest of our website.
Mark your calendars for events that are coming soon....
October 19-22, 2022 - Central Alberta Film Festival (CAFF) will screen a variety of short and feature films at Carnival Cinemas in Red Deer on October 19, 20, 21, and 22. The festival will conclude with a formal awards gala at Westerner Park on October 22 where exceptional films and filmmakers receive recognition at a red-carpet, black-tie event. Click here for more information.
November 2-6, 2022 - Canadian Finals Rodeo at Westerner Park. Enjoy the very best rodeo contestants competing in 6action-packed performances for the top prize November 2- 6 at the Peavey Mart Centrium. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
November 19, 2022 – January 15, 2022 – Winter Light the Night at Discovery Wildlife Park. “Light the Night” is a unique drive-through light display coming to Discovery Wildlife Park. Mark your calendars, it starts November 19, 2022, and goes on until January 15, 2023. Click here for more information.