The weekend is coming, and its time for us to think about some of the numerous things there are to do as we Explore Red Deer’s Backyard
- The Town of Penhold is kicking off the weekend with their Fall Festival, and even though there won’t be a midway, fair food will be on hand with their Grab & Go Food Truck Festival starting at 5:00 pm Friday, September 11. Drive-in movies at the Multiplex, anyone? The Lion King is sure to be a family favourite on Friday night, and Saturday has the perfect date night movie with The Fast & The Furious. Be sure to keep your eyes open for some classic cars as Red Deer Cruise Night will also be making an appearance Friday night. To top off the weekend Fireworks on Saturday evening.
- For you wine lovers out there, Solorzano Spa Café and Wine Bar and Jenna Leah Stoyko are hosting an Artist Showcase and Wine Tasting Friday night starting at 5:30 pm; tickets are $30, space is limited, so don’t miss out.
- It’s Alberta Cultural Days and time to head down to the Norwegian Laft Hus as they have an open house this weekend from Noon to 4:00 pm. Check out their artisans at work, some of their creative displays, or you might even spend time exploring their historical book display or find out where your Norweigian ancestors could have come from.
- Looking for a fun activity to do with your kids, then come down to the Family Services parking lot this Saturday starting at 10:00 am for an Imagination Station Family Art Activity featuring a live junk artist. You must register at fsca.ca as there are limited spaces available.
- The Ultimate Pancake Breakfast at the DNA Gardens is happening this Sunday from 10:00 am-Noon, so yummy. If you have extra time, you might want to combine it with a wine tasting and tour to round it off for a great Sunday.
- It’s Almost Fall Craft Show and Market, a great way to spend Sunday, located in the Baymont Inn and Suites from 10:00 am-4:00 pm. There will be a variety of shopping, free admission, kid crafts, gift card and basket giveaways. The Market is a great way to support your local vendors and have a wonderful time.
Share this Post