If you are looking for something for your tween or teen to do, check out these attractions:
- Alberta Sports Hall of Fame – has over 7,000 square feet of exhibit space including a multisport area with virtual baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and soccer. Also included is a Treadwall climbing wall, 200-meter wheelchair challenge and so much more.
- Bower Ponds Recreation – Family owned and operated, Bower Ponds Recreation offers a variety of both outdoor and indoor recreation, from paddle boats to kayaks rentals in the summer to ice skating and board games in the winter. Located in Waskasoo Park, it also has an all-season playground and access to the trail system.
- Lock Down Escape Rooms Real-life themed adventure gaming, a type of light physical adventure game in which people are in a themed room with other participants and have to use elements of the room to solve a series of puzzles, locks, find clues, and complete the objective of the room within a set time limit. Escape Rooms are also sometimes known as Room Escapes or Puzzle Rooms.
- True North Axe Throwing Red Deer -Instead of throwing darts, you throw axes. First-time participants can expect to spend the first 10 minutes (depending on group size) going over safety rules and learning how to throw. The instructors will then teach your group the rules of an axe-throwing match and host a tournament. You must be at least 10 years or older to play.
- Heritage lanes Bowling boasts a 20 lane 5 pin bowling alley, an arcade, and a full-service kitchen and bar. They offer group packages with everything from birthday parties to business meetings!
- Mountain Surf Co – stand up paddleboarding, not only do they offer rentals, but they also give lessons. Offering lessons in Red Deer and Sylvan Lake.
- Trailhead Climbing and Fitness -Trailhead is Red Deer’s only climbing gym, they have the top rope, lead, and auto-belay climbing as well as bouldering and training space. They cater to all ages, check them out in Gasoline Alley! You must book a time online due to Covid-19.
- Heritage Ranch Discover a beautiful part of Red Deer’s Waskasoo Park with a one hour guided horseback trail ride through some scenic trails on horseback and connect with nature.
- Red Deer Mountain Bike Park is a unique part of Waskasoo Park located in North Red Deer that includes a large area of cross country single track, dirt jumps and free ride stunts. Special note: helmets are mandatory while in the park. It caters specifically to the needs of mountain bikers although all non-motorized, non-equestrian outdoor enthusiasts are welcome.
- Ctrl V Virtual Reality Arcade Your home for an immersive gaming experience. Check out Ctrl V is located at Carnival Cinemas, in the centre of Red Deer. Not only are filmgoers able to see a great show, but they are also, able to play some outstanding Virtual Reality games. Never played before, don’t worry, the helpful staff is there to teach.
- Summerland Leisure Park This 18 hole mini golf course is located in Gull Lake. A fun-filled experience to share with the whole family. The course is set up with many obstacles ranging in difficulty to challenge the mini golfer in you!
- Discovery Wild Life Park – Innisfail Discovery Wildlife Park is a refuge for orphaned and unwanted wildlife. Check out their website for their exciting Adventure Packages to make your visit an amazing experience or book a Behind the Scenes tour with their big cats or a Walk with the Wolves.
If you have any suggestions, or things you love to do let us know.
Share this Post