What’s Happening this weekend | October 28-30, 2022
Check out what's happening this weekend around Red Deer and Central Alberta!
1. People from around the country will be coming to Red Deer to attend CFR Red Deer and Agri-Trade Equipment Expo in November. The city is kicking off these events with a cabaret-style party for “8 Days in November” which is the official kick-off to the CFR and Agri-Trade. Join the Red Deer Chamber of Commerce at Blue Grass Garden Centre Red Deer on Friday, October 28, 2022, for their cabaret party with food and music. This fun celebration is at Blue Grass Garden Centre from 6:00 – 11:30 pm. Featuring music from Tim and The Glory Boys! Click here for more information.
2. Red Deer’s Downtown Business Association is also kicking off the 8 days in November with a CFR Family Street Dance. Head downtown to a family-friendly dance on the Ross Street Patio on Saturday, October 29, from 2:00-6:00 pm. Enjoy live music from Roy Card & DJ slimjim and appearances from Miss Rodeo Canada & CFR contestants! When you're not dancing, warm up by the fire tables with free hot chocolate. Last but not least, there will be 2 chances to WIN two tickets to the CFR. Come celebrate Canadian's Final Rodeo on the Ross Street Patio. Click here for more information.
3. Lockdown Escape Room presents the “Haunted Escape – Return of the Headless Horseman.” From now until October 31 at unit 150 - 4732 60th Ave Red Deer (Riverside Industrial area). A haunted escape is more of a haunt with a twist, whereas you and your group need to solve a few simple puzzles (uv light and other) to make your way through (4 doors). The Headless Horseman and his army put this challenges out to slow groups down enough to deter them from going further. For more information about this fun Halloween event click here.
4. Halloween Adventure Trail at Gasoline Alley Farmers Market. Join them on Saturday, October 29 from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm. They have left a trail of clues around the market and hidden lots of spooky objects for you to find. Use the clues to find the objects, and when you have them all, you'll get a prize. The event is free to participate in and is most suited for ages 5-10.
5. Visit Sylvan Lake is hosting a Spooky Movie night on Friday, October 28, 2022. They will be watching Hocus Pocus at 7:00 pm at Lakefront Park at Lakeshore Drive and 52 Street. There is also a Downtown Trick or Treat on Saturday, October 29 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm at participating businesses. Click here for more information.
6. Parkland Mall is hosting a Halloween Drive-In movie event on Friday, October 28, 2022, from 6:30 – 11:55 pm. Celebrate Halloween at Parkland Mall. Fresh Air Cinema is supplying Canada's largest Drive-In-Cinema screen system. This is a double-feature event and parking passes are sold separately for each event. There will be two movies showing, the first at 6:45 pm, which is the family movie, "Goonies (1985)". Gates open at 5:15 pm for parking. The second movie is at 10:30 pm and it is adult movie, "Beetlejuice." The gates open at 9:15 pm for parking. Click here for tickets and more information.
7. The Red Deer Rebels take on the Vancouver Giants on Friday, October 28 at the Peavey Mart Centrium, Westerner Park. The doors open at 6:00 pm and the puck drops at 7:00 pm. Click here for tickets and more information.
8. Bull Skit Comedy presents Maestro, the Halloween edition on Friday, October 28, 2022. Bull Skit Comedy is bringing Maestro Impro™, a format that has been played in over 20 countries worldwide. Maestro, created by impro legend Keith Johnstone, allows improvisers of various backgrounds and experience to challenge and play with one another while entertaining the audience in a competition-style show. Only one performer will survive the show to be crowned MAESTRO and receive the coveted Canadian five-dollar bill. The doors open at 7:00 pm and the show starts at 8:00 pm. Click here for more information and tickets.
9. The Zed Haunted House is back this year from October 19 - October 31, 2022. Wear a costume, grab some friends, and join them for this fun and interactive haunted attraction. All proceeds from the event go toward the Boys and Girls Club of Red Deer & District. Come test your fear factor and support a worthy cause! For more information: https://youthhq.ca/events/item/2016/zed-haunted-house/
10. Capture all the fun Halloween memories at Bower Place with a free Halloween headshot. Each session comes with a keepsake photo of your child in their spooktacular Halloween costume. Pre-register to secure a spot between October 29 to October 31 from 11:00 am - 5:0 0 pm to guarantee your spot. Walk-ins are available between October 29 to October 31 from 5:30 pm until 7:00 pm, however, spots are limited. For more information and to book your time slot, click here.
11. The Alberta Sports Hall of Fame is hosting a Halloween movie night on Saturday, October 29 from 6:30 – 9:00 pm. They will be watching the Disney movie “The Haunted Mansion.” Doors will open at 6:30 pm with the movie starting at 7 pm. Popcorn and drinks will be available. Preregistration is required and the cost is $20 per family. Click here for more information.
12. Family Fright Night at Fort Normandeau. Join them on Friday, October 28, and Saturday, October 29 from 6:30 - 7:30 pm and 8:00 - 9:00 pm each night. The Fort staff has noticed strange things happening over the summer; help them figure out what's causing them in this little bit spooky, totally new, family-friendly adventure. Solve the mystery, then enjoy a sweet treat for your efforts. It is $20.00 +GST per family. Click here for more information and to pre-register.
13. Town of Blackfalds is hosting a Monster Bash on Saturday, October 29 from 1:00 –3:00 pm. Put on your best costume and go to the Blackfalds Community Centre for some Halloween fun. Make sure to fill up your treat bag with some goodies from the candy buffet before enjoying some magic show fun from Magic FX. There will also be a colouring contest, a photo booth, and a costume contest! Tickets are $10.00 each, click here for more details.
14. The Track on 2 is having Spooky Dueling Pianos on Saturday, October 29,2022 from 5:30 – 11:00 pm. Dress up and join them for a night of amazing entertainment featuring the talented Anita and Cam of Central Alberta Dueling Pianos! Click here for more information.
15. Celebrate Halloween at Bo's Bar and Stage on Saturday, October 29 starting at 8:00 pm. Doors open at 6:00 pm. Click here for more information and tickets.
For more ideas and things to do check out the rest of our website.
Mark your calendars for events that are coming soon....
November 2-6, 2022 - Canadian Finals Rodeo is coming to Westerner Park. Enjoy the very best rodeo contestants competing in 6 action-packed performances for the top prize November 2- 6 at the Peavey Mart Centrium. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
November 9-11, 2022 - Agri-Trade is coming to Westerner Park. More than 325,000 square feet of the very best in agriculture equipment, technology, service, and product. Click here for more information.
November 19, 2022 – January 15, 2022 – Winter Light the Night at Discovery Wildlife Park. “Light the Night” is a unique drive-through light display coming to Discovery Wildlife Park. Mark your calendars, it starts November 19, 2022, and goes on until January 15, 2023. Click here for more information.
Experiences to get you inspired
Things to do this weekend | December 16-18, 2022
Check out our list of fun things to do this weekend around Red Deer and Central Alberta!
Christmas Lights Guide 2022
There is so much to see in Red Deer and Central Alberta this holiday season!