What’s Happening this weekend | November 25-27, 2022
Check out what's happening this weekend around Red Deer and Central Alberta!
1. Frost Street Patio Party is happening on Friday, November 25. Join the Downtown Business Association on the Ross Street Patio for some frosty fun. Check out the children’s entertainers and sip hot chocolate by the fire while the DJ plays all your holiday favourites. Visit the craft station and join the kids in painting ice ornaments and pick up a take-home activity to keep the fun going. Click here for more information.
2. The Festival of Trees is happening all weekend at Westerner Park. From Friday, November 25, Saturday, November 26, and Sunday, November 27. Red Deer Festival of Trees kicks off the holiday season in Central Alberta for the 29th time. Join in on traditional festivities like the Christmas Tree Room, Silent Auction, Gift & Sweet Shop, and just for children, Candy Cane Lane. Click here for more information.
3. Sylvan Lake is hosting its annual “Light up the Lake” event. Join them for the lighting of the Winter Village on Friday, November 25 with live music and a full Christmas market starting at 4:00 pm, then head down to the pier for the Light Up of the lake at 8:00 pm. There are various fun events being held on Saturday, November 26 around Sylvan Lake with the famous Santa Clause Parade kicking off at 5:00 pm. Followed by another spectacular fireworks show at the Pier on Lakeshore Drive around 6:30 pm.
4. Light up Blackfalds is happening on Saturday, November 26 at 5:30 pm. Join them and enjoy some hot chocolate, while they light up Tayles Park with help from entertainers and local community groups! They'll even have a very special guest flying in from the North Pole! Click here for more information.
5. Check out the “Light the Night” attraction at Discovery Wildlife Park in Innisfail. Enjoy this festive unique drive-through light display that goes until January 15, starting at 5:00 pm every night. It is $30 plus GST for a vehicle. Click here for more information.
6. Prime Stock Theatre presents "Games of Love and Chance" at the Scott Block Theatre. Love must conquer clever disguises in this delightful comic masterpiece. The Games of Love and Chance was originally written by Pierre de Marivaux at the height of opulence and extravagance during the reign of Louis XV in France. This playful and witty comedy has been newly translated and adapted by Artistic Director, Richard Beaune. Indulge in an evening (or afternoon) of love, laughter and decadent silliness as Red Deer's only professional theatre company brings this sumptuous story of love and deception to life on stage. This weekend's performances are Friday, November 25, Saturday, November 26, and Sunday, November 27 at 7 pm, and 2:00 pm matinees on Saturdays. Click here for more details.
7. Join the hunt for the perfect gift this year at the Rare and Remarkable Artisan Market on Friday, November 25, and Saturday, November 26. Professional local fine artists will be on hand selling their original, hand-crafted items. Unique jewelry, glass works, paintings, and pottery are just some of the elegant pieces you will find at this winter art market. For more information visit www.reddeer.ca/rdlights.
8. There are two chances to watch the Red Deer Rebels this weekend. The Rebels play the Medicine Hat Tigers on Friday, November 25 at 7:00 pm. Then on Saturday, November 26, the Red Deer Rebels take on the Prince Albert Raiders. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
9. Parkland Garden Centre is having a Craft and Market Sale on Saturday, November 16 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Music, local artisans, local vendors, and more. For more information, click here.
10. Blue Grass Nursery & Sod Farm is hosting its Christmas Market on Sunday, November 27 from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. Join them and local makers throughout the season every Sunday until December 18, 2022. Santa and the Grinch are happy to pop by their winter wonderland every Sunday for pictures with the kids from 11:30 am - 1:30 pm. They have a wide selection of unique vendors that have been working so hard over the past months to bring you the best in local art, photography, crafts, and food and drink. Click here to learn more. For more ideas and things to do check out the rest of our website.
Experiences to get you inspired
Things to do this weekend | December 16-18, 2022
Check out our list of fun things to do this weekend around Red Deer and Central Alberta!
Christmas Lights Guide 2022
There is so much to see in Red Deer and Central Alberta this holiday season!