What’s Happening this Weekend | June 3-5, 2022
1. The Ross Street Patio is a gathering and entertainment venue in the heart of Downtown Red Deer. Featuring patio furniture and a stage area, the area is recognized for its inviting atmosphere and live entertainment. A partnership between The City of Red Deer and the Downtown Business Association, the Patio features free, live music for the Summer and early Fall season. They are proudly featuring talented local musicians and bands that contribute to the amazing atmosphere you will find on the beloved Patio. Events are free and open to the public. The Ross Street Patio is excited to have Roberta Lynn Fetch on Friday, June 2 from 12:00 -1:30 pm. Wednesday performances are from 4:30 – 6:30 pm and Thursday's & Friday's 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm.
2. Summer Outdoor Market at Gasoline Alleys Farmers Market is starting this Saturday, June 4 from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. This summer they are expanding the market outdoors through June, July, and August. The Summer Outdoor Market will take place every Saturday afternoon from 1:00 - 4:00 pm. Stop by to see all their new vendors.
3. Discovery Canyon Park at River Bend Golf & Recreation Area is now open for summer. It features a natural river-fed water pool, playground area, concession, and washrooms. Discovery Canyon is open daily from June 1 until September long weekend, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm.
4. The Central Alberta's 16th Annual Children's Festival is back for 2022. They are celebrating the 16th year of the Central Alberta Children’s Festival! This festival is on June 3 & 4 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Over 40 tents and activity stations fill the park each year to keep everyone active and keep their imaginations running. Stations include bubble wrap popping, Science World, Diversity Corner, glitter tattoos, fun physical activities, and more. All these stations allow children and families the opportunity to be creative, build knowledge, and most importantly have fun. Click here for more information.
5. Jurassic Quest is at Westerner Park this weekend, June 3 - 5. Jurassic Quest and its skyscraping dinosaurs bring supersized family fun, you get up close to life-size, realistic animatronic dinos and ancient ocean dwellers. Loved by millions, only Jurassic Quest can bring families memories this big. The Quest is an interactive adventure, simply pick up a brochure at the entrance and follow ten clues to the “Quest Spot” signs. Once you finish all the activities, collect a prize at the end. Interactive walking dinosaur shows, fossil digs, fossil science exhibit, inflatables, “Triceratots” soft play area, and more.
6. Bo’s Bar and Stage presents “One Bad Son & Whale and the Wolf” this Friday, June 3. Doors open at 6:00 pm and the show starts at 8:00 pm. Click here to learn more information and to get tickets. Bo’s Bar and Stage is an ideal venue to experience your favorite band live.
For more ideas and things to do check out our Tourism Red Deer website.