2. The snow is melting so why not rent an electric Fat Bike or e-Scooter from the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and go exploring in the trails behind, afterwards stay for some play in the hall, have you tried their new bubble Hockey game so cool. The City of Red Deer has their e-scooter up and running again so look out for the various scooters, located Downtown and in Capstone, just remember they are only allowed on the sidewalks and trails.
3. The Red Deer Rebels are playing this weekend at the Peavey Mart Centrium against the Medicine Hat Tigers on Friday and the Swift Current Broncos on Saturday. There are still tickets available at the Tickets Alberta box office, so come on down and support your favourite team.
4. Kerry Wood Nature Centre and the City of Red Deer are inviting you to join them on Red Deer’s Annual Green Deer Spring cleanup. Join your friends, families, schools, businesses, and communities to take on the task of picking up litter in neighborhoods and green spaces across the city. For more info, to register, and get access to free cleanup supplies, visit https://www.waskasoopark.ca/kerry-wood-nature.../green-deer
5. It’s the last weekend of skiing and snowboarding at Canyon Ski Resort. They are located just 10 minutes east of the city and is the largest non-mountain downhill ski resort in Alberta. The 28.6 hectare ski area has 20 runs, six lifts, lights for night skiing, a ski lodge, a large ski school, and equipment rentals.
6. Blackfalds is hosting their Two-Day Spring Market this Saturday and Sunday at the Abbey Centre. Over 110 unique vendors, Kids Zone, 9-hole mini-putt golf, door prizes and so much more. Admission is by donation in support of a local rescue.
7. If motorcycles are your jam, then head to Westerner Park this Sunday for the CAVNG Swap Meet of motorcycle-related items located in the Agri-centre East. The admission is $10 per person with free parking and tickets can be purchased at the door.