What's Happening in Red Deer and Central Alberta this weekend!
What’s Happening this Weekend | March 11-13, 2022
1. It’s the last week of Canyon Ski Hill’s new Edgar Highspeed Snow Tube Park. Get in Friday night for glow tubing or Saturday or Sunday. Make sure you book online to secure your spot.
2. For the car enthusiast make sure you head down to Westerner Park for the EG 15th Annual Spring collector Car Auction & Speed Show happening All weekend Friday through to Sunday. There will be over 100 pieces of No Reserve Memorabilia and over 200 collector cars, a day pass is $15 and $25 for a weekend pass.
3. Don’t Call It a Comeback Fest is back at Bo’s Bar and Stage with its amazing array of local talent, so if you didn’t catch it last weekend make sure you make it down this Saturday. it’s time to celebrate and remember 100 percent of the door revenue goes back to these amazing artists.
4. Prime Stock Theatre is hosting a What’s My Wine, a virtual wine appreciation experience happening this Friday from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Guided by a Level 3 Certified Wine Specialist and connoisseur Greg Harasen; you will explore four wine varietals with their recommended food pairings. Along the way, you'll also learn about Prime Stock Theatre's plans for the 2022 Season and enjoy a virtual musical performance by the Red Deer Symphony Orchestra. Tickets can be purchased online by going to Eventbrite check out their website for details.
5. Legally Blonde the Musical presented by the Lindsey Thurber Comprehensive High School will be entertaining us at the Red Deer Polytechnic Performing Arts Main Stage this weekend. If you love the live theatre then make sure you get on board this fun and high-energy production by purchasing a ticket from the Red Deer Polytechnic ticket website.
6. The Kerry Wood Nature Centre would like to invite you to Meet The Critter this Saturday from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Join an Interpreter to meet their Tiger Salamanders and learn all about this local amphibian. This is a drop-in event and a suggested donation of $3.00 a person or $10 a family would be preferred.
7. The Red Deer Rebels are back at the Peavey Mart Centrium this Friday as they take on the Medicine Hat Tigers for an epic game of Hockey. There are still tickets available, so make it a date and cheer on your favourite team. Tickets can be found online or purchased at the Tickets Alberta Box Office.
8. Rumble in the Jungle Boxing Event is happening at the Blue Grass Garden Centre this Saturday from 6:00 pm to midnight with Bo’s Bar and Stage, burgers and Sawback Brewery available on site. Check out their website for more details and tickets can be purchased by going to Eventbrite.