What’s Happening this Weekend | April 15-18, 2022
Easter is this weekend and there are plenty of things to do around Red Deer. Here are the top 10 fun things to do this Easter long weekend:
1. Sunnybrook Farm Museum is opening its doors for the Easter Bunny this Saturday from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Bring a small basket with you to the farm and see if you can find the volunteers that the Easter Bunny has trusted with some of his chocolate. The main entrance for Sunnybrook Farm Museum is now located at 2879 Botterill Crescent (the road between the Mission Thrift Store and the Sims Furniture Building), admission is by donation.
2. Blue Grass Garden Centre Red Deer is hosting an Outdoor Easter Market this Saturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17, 2022 from 9 am - 4 pm. Bring the kids for a fun scavenger hunt with treats at the end, participate in a colouring contest, and of course, the Easter Bunny will be making an appearance. A potting station will also be open so you can create your own herb or bulb planter just in time for spring. There will also be a petting zoo for the kids to enjoy.
3. This Friday Red Hart Brewing presents live in concert Thee Primitive Sound a trashy rock n roll combo playing everything from 60s garage to punk rock. There will be a $10.00 cover charge and the doors open at 8:00 pm.
4. It’s time to head down to the Gasoline Alley’s Farmer Market this Saturday, April 16,for theirsecond annual free Easter Egg Hunt happening from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Therewill be clues for you to find lots of eggs hidden all over the market, once youfind them all you will get a prize.
5. This Saturday hop on down to the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame for a morning of Easter Fun with games and crafts in the lobby starting at 10:00 am and an egg hunt beginning at 10:30 am sharp. There will even be a dedicated space for those under the age of 4 so that everyone is sure to collect some treats. The cost is $10 a family and make sure you bring a basket to collect all those eggs the Easter bunny has left behind.
Story continued below...