1. Alberta Sports Hall of Fame is a family-friendly interactive experience, you’ll be surprised at what you will discover inside. After playing in the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, hit the trails for some family-friendly fun. The Alberta Sports Hall of Fame now has snowshoe rentals available. Both adult and youth sizes are available Monday to Friday from 9 am - 5 pm, and from 10 am - 5 pm on weekends and holidays.
2. Canyon Ski Resort is full of adventure, so grab your skis or snowboards and head on down. If snow tubing is more your speed, then check out their new Edgar Highspeed Tube Park with 6 Lanes and they even have fun glow lights for night tubing. Make sure you book online to secure your spot.
3. Kerry Wood Nature Centre is located in the City of Red Deer, on the south bank of the Red Deer River the Kerry Wood Nature Centre is Central Alberta’s year-round destination for environmental education. Learn more about nature, go for a winter walk, or try out snowshoeing. Snowshoe rentals are available.
4. Red Deer Museum + Art Gallery (the MAG), showcases a variety of scheduled art and history-related exhibits. With an artifacts collection consisting of more than 90,000 objects representing donations by over 3,000 individuals from Red Deer and the surrounding area. Learn more about the incredible collection of local history for people of all ages and abilities to enjoy, all year long.
5. Collicutt Centre is fun for everyone. Scream down the water slides, soak in the hot tub, scale the climbing wall, or walk on the track with on-site childminding. Kids of all ages will enjoy spending the day floating along the lazy river, catching the next wave in the wave pool, or speeding down the twisty water slide.
For more ideas check out our new Tourism Red Deer website.