Central Alberta is getting set to come together in celebration July 19th-23rd at the 2017 Westerner Days Fair & Exposition. We want to see you there too! From a great Early Bird Special to amazing Canadian performances, we’ve put together a list of reasons why you should join the fun…
1) Save big when you purchase your RAD and MEGA passes online in advance
For the first time ever, Westerner Days passes can be purchased online and printed at home. Plus – when you purchase your RAD (Ride All Day) pass before June 16th, you save $23. You can also save $17 on MEGA passes, which are valid for an individual to attend Westerner Days any three days during the fair.
If you miss out on the Early Bird Special, RAD and MEGA passes will be available at regular price at participating Central Alberta Co-op locations from Friday, June 16 until Tuesday, July 19th. That means there are over 30 convenient locations for you to purchase your passes.
2) Celebrate Canada 150
“This year at Westerner Days let’s ‘come together in celebration’ and pay tribute to this great country we call home,” said Ben Antifaiff, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager of Westerner Park at the Westerner Days Press Conference on May 4th. “Our campaign embodies what it means to be Canadian and a Westerner by showcasing we are proud, welcoming, practical and service-oriented.”
For 126 years, both visitors and locals have been coming together in celebration at Westerner Park, creating memories that last lifetimes. The 2017 edition of our Westerner Days is about coming together in celebration of everything it means to be a Canadian, an Albertan and a Westerner.
This year’s entertainment line-up for Westerner Days Fair & Exposition will be featuring all Canadian performers, in honour of Canada’s 150th Birthday.
3) So much to see, do, eat and explore!
Here’s a break down of just some of the excitement that awaits you July 19th-23rd:
- The Westerner Days Fair & Exposition Parade – a must do event! Takes place in downtown Red Deer on Wednesday, July 19th at 9:30am and the parade route remains the same as last year.
- North American Midway – 40 rides in total! 18 thrill rides, 13 family rides and 9 kiddie rides. From all new rides this year like the Berry Go Round and the Bubble Bees to the classics like the ZIPPER!, there’s a midway ride for everyone.
- Saputo Kids Corral – featuring tons of daily games, entertainment and prizes for younger audiences. Westerner Park also welcomes back local nonprofit organizations in the Arts and Culture Community Corner.
- Real Country Adventure Alley – packed full of excitement with interactive displays by Magic Bean Magic Show and so much more!
- The Calm Room – a special initiative to include an area on the fair grounds for families with children to have a quiet and relaxing place to settle down and recharge.
- Two Discount Days – this year there will be two discount days, both perfect for the family looking to enjoy the Fair. Thursday, July 20th is McDonald’s Kid’s Day, presented by BIG 105 FM. Kids 12 and under get gate admission for free until 6:00pm. Sunday, July 23 is Servus Credit Union Family Day, presented by Sunny 94 FM. A carload of up to 6 people get parking plus gate admission for $29. Kids aged 10 and under can ride ALL DAY for $12.00!
- 3 Stages – with different themes for each! The Central Alberta Co-op Family Stage is the place where kids can explore their imagination and experience the engaging interactions. Featuring performances by Cutest Show on Earth, Doo Doo the Clown, TEAM T&J and more. The Red Deer Advocate Midway Stage features a variety of acts including a juggler, magician and an illusionist. The Amphitheatre will feature the West Coast LumberJills show.
- Fireworks – 4 nights of fireworks taking place at the racetrack. The fireworks will take place Wednesday to Saturday at 10:45 pm, weather permitting.
4) Westerner Days supports the community
Westerner Days has developed two programs to make sure everyone gets a chance to build memories of a lifetime.
- Share the Fair Program – North American Midway Entertainment and some of the event entertainers will be visiting kids at the Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre and Central Alberta Ronald McDonald House on Thursday, July 20th. – This program allows kids, regardless if they can physically attend our event or not, the opportunity to create those same memories.
- We All Play Program – Westerner Park with the support of their sponsors, continues the ‘We All Play’ program, which provides complimentary admission and parking to Central Alberta families that may not otherwise have been able to enjoy our event.
Share this Post