It’s the weekend and time to get out of the house; here are seven things to do as you continue to Explore Red Deer’s Backyard.
- Head downtown and visit some of our galleries for First Friday, celebrating local, regional, and national artistic talent.
- Bowling anyone, it’s a great family activity, and here in Red Deer, we have Heritage Lanes with their Five-pin and glow bowling, so much fun. Ten-pin bowling anyone, then Riverside Bowl is there to assist, along with Five-pin and glow bowling as well, a great night’s entertainment.
- The outdoor rinks may not be ready, but the City of Red Deer’s Arenas have their indoor public skating at the Dawe Centre, The Collicut, the Servus Arena, and the Kinsmen. Pre-registration is required to participate and check the times and locations by going to Look’n Book.
- Check out some of our live music happening this weekend at the Tacoloft, One Eleven Grill, The Velvet Olive Lounge, and The Hideout. You can find out what artists are playing by going to our events calendar or checking out their Facebook pages.
- Come on down to The Alberta Sports Hall of Fame for a Holiday Market happening Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. They will have 12 different local vendors and homegrown businesses, a great way to shop local. Free admission and parking to the market, and All AHS COVID guidelines and social distancing will be adhered too.
- If you are into climbing, then Trailhead Climbing + Fitness is a perfect choice. They have a top rope, lead, and auto-belay climbing, bouldering, and training space, though you must pre-register by calling 403-302-3273 or going online.
- Take a stroll around Bower Ponds and then stop in for lunch or High Tea at the Cronquist House, open Wednesday to Saturday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm till the 19 December.
Don’t forget to check out our events calendar as we continually do our best to keep you updated on what’s happening in and around Red Deer.
Share this Post