With Alberta Culture days happening all month long, we would like to highlight some of the great things that are happening this weekend as you Explore Red Deer’s Backyard.
- Music on Ross Street Patio is always fun, and this Friday evening starting at 7:00 pm, Save Our Stage Music Originals Open Mic will be entertaining us with original music from our local artists. Make sure you come out and try some great restaurants in that area as well, like The Taco loft, Occam’s Razor or The Tribe, oh so delicious.
- If you haven’t had the chance to check out the Norwegian Laft Hus, this weekend is a great time, as they have an open house from Noon to 4:00 pm. Check out their artisans at work, some creative displays, or you might even spend time exploring their historical book display to find out where your Norweigian ancestors could have come from.
- Come on down to the Roland Plaza Saturday, September 19, from Noon – 4:00 pm to participate by painting a heart, using acrylic paints and canvases in a Community Art Project hosted by the City of Red Deer. Local artist Erin Boake will combine these hearts to form one large artwork, which will then be gifted to the Red Deer Regional Hospital as a community thank you to front line health care workers.
- The 5th Annual Red Deer’s Women’s Show is here along with Red Deer Made Artisan Market at the Pidherney Centre this weekend, Saturday from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm, and Sunday, September 20, 10:30 am to 3:00 pm. They will be showcasing over 100 exhibits, main stage entertainment, live demos and more. To register, go to Eventbrite; admission and parking are free.
- Saturday, September 19, Gord Bamford is back, this time in Sylvan Lake for a Drive-In Concert for Mental Health 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm. You can purchase your tickets online by going to gordbamford.com , general admission tickets are $75.00 per car, there are no refunds
- Do More Good Corporation is having an In-person event as part of the Alberta Culture Days Saturday 19 from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Learn through Edutainment at the Michener Centre North Site featuring a puppet show, singers and an informative presentation about our proposed community collaboration. One Ticket for a group of 10 or less is required by going to Eventbrite Edutainment Charette.
- Check out Red Deer’s Glass Front Galleries, a Self-Guided Walking Tour of Visual and Literary Art in the downtown, throughout September. Print your location map from the Red Deer Arts Council website as you explore the creative works surrounding this year’s Culture Days theme of “Unexpected Intersections.”
For more things to see and do, view our events calendar at visitreddeer.com.
Share this Post