Town of Blackfalds
One of Canada’s youngest and fastest growing communities, the Town of Blackfalds has small town charm and big city facilities and amenities. This vibrant and lively community has wonderful festivals and events throughout the year and makes an ideal stop for families.
Blackfalds Activities & Travel Ideas
Play at the Abbey Centre
This remarkable facility is a community showcase that was made possible through the support of local businesses and organizations and has much to offer visitors and residents including:
- Large outdoor aquatic centre with a Jr. Olympic size pool, waterslides, a splash park and a 40-person hot tub.
- Huge 3-story indoor play space that features a 6-level play structure with two giant slides, plenty of fun climbing spaces and a separate area for small children.
- 4-lane 250-metre indoor running track.
- State-of-the-art fitness facilities.
- 15,000 square foot field house with 3 full gymnasiums.
- Concession area.
Fun Family Festivals
Whether you are enjoying the Canada Day fireworks, watching the Blackfalds Days Parade, listening to live music or participating in the cool outdoor events at Winterfest, you’ll love the family-friendly events and celebrations in Blackfalds.
Summer Fun at Tayles Water Spray Park
There’s no better place to be on a hot summer day that this interactive spray park designed for ages 2 through 12. There are a variety of water spray features, a gazebo, picnic tables and attached playground.
Play Some Sports
With baseball diamonds, soccer fields, indoor and outdoor hockey arenas and skating rinks, there are plenty of places to be active in Blackfalds.
Hop on your bike and ride the TransCanada Trail (TCT) from Blackfalds to Red Deer or Lacombe. Along the way, you’ll pass right through the Abbey Centre and the only indoor section of TCT in Canada.
Designed by community youth, this street style skateboard and rollerblade park has ramps, rails, tables and a grind platform.