Are you and your family looking for something new to do on the weekend? Why not head out and experience some of the following activities?
Want to learn more about local culture through unique experiences? Check out some of these great attractions!
From gardens to homes and even a Viking ship, the Danish Canadian Museum has lots of great information packed into a unique museum setting.
- See Pioneer homes and churches
- Visit the Children’s Garden of Imagination
- Check out over 5,000 artifacts in the Museum collection
Icelandic pioneers established Markerville in 1888. Since then, Markerville has taken steps to preserve and pay tribute to their hard work and energy.
- Take a guided tour of the Creamery Museum
- Head out on a walking tour of the hamlet
- Grab a bite to eat or enjoy some ice cream in the Creamery courtyard
Visit the home of the Rocky Mountains poet, Stephan G. Stephansson. Restored to its 1927 appearance, the Stephansson House offers a glimpse at the life of this Icelandic poet-pioneer (pictured at the top of the page).
- Enjoy a guided tour or partake in one of the interpretive programs
Experience Central Alberta history and culture along the Scandinavian Trail today!
Share this Post