Love the winter weather? Want to get out more this winter? Here are some things we recommend:
1) Get out and stretch your legs by exploring Red Deer’s beautiful Trail System!
2) Plan an awesome date. Enjoy a wonderful winter night sleigh ride and romantic dinner at Heritage Ranch.
3) Hit the slopes at Albert’s largest non-mountain resort – Canyon Ski Resort. They also have a tube park, which is great for families!
4) Gather your friends, go skating and have a wintertime campfire at Bower Ponds.
5) Head out to Sylvan Lake for WinterFest. For those that are brave, take part in the Polar Bear Dip… Brr.
If outdoor recreation isn’t your thing, here are some indoor ideas for those cold winter days:
7) Plan for the summer with The Red Deer Sportsman and Outdoor Adventure Show, taking place February 27th to March 1st, 2015 at Westerner Park. If you’re an outdoor enthusiast, you won’t want to miss this.
9) Love sports? Discover Albertan sports heroes by visiting the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum. Ignite your imagination with their interactive exhibits!
10) Keep with the history theme and learn about Red Deer’s remarkable past at the Red Deer MAG. Their permanent exhibit Remarkable Red Deer: Stories from the Heart of the Parkland is a must see.
11) Relax and have a spa day with one of these three unique local favourites, you deserve it!
12) Head out to dinner at one of these great places. Red Deer has so many delicious options, there’s something for every palate.
Get out and enjoy Red Deer this winter! Check out our Events Page for more great local ideas.